PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hardy Reveals Why Jeff Hardy Turned Down WWE HOF Induction

Kemo
02-08-2022, 01:36 PM
It’s common knowledge by now that WWE offered Jeff Hardy a Hall Of Fame induction but he declined. Matt Hardy recently revealed the reason behind it.

The Attitude Era star discussed the situation leading to his brother’s release on a recent Twitch stream. He again claimed that his drug test results came back negative.

Matt Hardy also explained why Jeff turned down the Hall Of Fame induction, saying that he wanted to The Hardy Boyz to be inducted together:

“Jeff asked ‘so you want to induct me into the Hall of Fame?’” Hardy said. “And he said ‘well let me ask you, I know you guys have spoken with AEW. Is this going to be the Hardy Boyz? Is this myself and my brother Matt?’

And they go ‘oh, no no, no, no. We can’t get Matt. He’s under contract at AEW. You know, it would just be you.’ And Jeff said ‘well, that’s a hard no.’” said Matt Hardy, “He definitely stood up for the team of the Hardy Boyz.”

Jeff Hardy‘s non-compete clause with WWE is expected to expire in early March. The Hardy Boyz have been announced for a number of indie appearances after that.

Matt Hardy has also been teasing an ‘extreme’ change to his AEW character. The potential matches they could have in Tony Khan‘s promotion have fans excited.