PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes To WWE No Longer A Sure Thing

Kemo
03-06-2022, 07:54 PM
Cody Rhodes‘ future in professional wrestling is looking increasingly uncertain.

After his shocking departure from All Elite Wrestling, fans have speculated if Cody Rhodes would return to WWE. Sport’s Illustrated’s Justin Barrasso reported on Feb. 16 that Cody would be signing with his former employers.

However, a new report suggests Cody to WWE is far from a sure thing. On Friday, Cassidy Haynes of BodySlam.net dropped the bombshell that talks between Rhodes and the WWE have “fizzled out.”

Haynes also shares that a source claims that the former Executive Vice President of AEW may actually return to the company.

“… I was told that discussions had been ongoing between Cody and WWE, but I was told, ‘those conversations have since fizzled out.’ One source indicated that there is hope that Cody can be brought back into the AEW fold. The idea was floated to me that there might be a possibility again, with a new role involving the ROH acquisition.”

On Saturday, Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer corroborated the news from Cassidy Haynes. Meltzer tweeted there has been a “definite change” in the expectation that Cody returning to WWE was inevitable.

Days after word leaked that WWE creative is working on plans for Cody Rhodes, Meltzer wrote on the members-only F4W message board, “Creative was told last night [Friday] a change in Cody status from sure thing to uncertain.”

Cody Rhodes also posted and deleted an Instagram post on Instagram on Feb. 19 that he retired from pro wrestling.

Earlier this week, Cody Rhodes spoke very fondly about his time with All Elite Wrestling. “I’ll let you in on a little secret, wrestling fans are the face of it all – I was lucky to carry the baton for several years, and I am incredibly proud of the changes we made for the industry and livelihood of wrestlers the world over. A great time, stuff for the history books.”

While fans wonder what is next for Rhodes, Khan seems to have an idea. The AEW President shared his thoughts on Busted Open on Sirus XM that the free agent already has something planned.

“It’s very sad and not something any of us wanted to happen, I think, but I believe that Cody’s got something else in the works, I’m not sure about that, but we’ll see,” said Khan. “I’m sure they’re going to have great opportunities in wrestling and in life. You never know what’s going to happen in the future. I wish them the best and am very appreciative of everything they did here.”

LionDen
03-07-2022, 09:25 AM
I honestly could not care less what he does or where he goes. lol I never liked him.