PDA

View Full Version : Two-Night WrestleManias Are Probably Here To Stay

Kemo
03-21-2022, 04:48 PM
:wm38:

Wrestling fans should expect WrestleMania to be held over two nights for the foreseeable future.

WWE expanded WrestleMania to two nights at WrestleMania 36 back in 2020. The trend has continued since then with no signs of slowing down.

Over the weekend, Dave Meltzer addressed the future of WrestleMania on the Sunday Night’s Main Event podcast.

“I talked to people [in WWE] and they certainly gave me the impression that the idea is 2 days going forward,” said Meltzer. “They always can change their mind based on what happens. I think that they all thought that 7-hour show just doesn’t work. That’s more tiring than the 2 days.”

WrestleMania 36 was held without fans at the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. Last year’s WrestleMania from Tampa Bay had a limited capacity, also due to the pandemic.

WWE has used WrestleMania 38 as a barometer to determine if a two-night event was viable. Ticket sales have been strong thus far.

According to WrestleTix, approximately 58,000 tickets have been distributed for each night. The stadium will be set up to accommodate 63,438. This is a far cry from 101,763, the attendance figure WWE boasted for WrestleMania 32 from the same venue. However, the event will still be incredibly profitable.

Next year’s WrestleMania 39 will take place from the new SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles, California. WWE has yet to announce if the two-night trend will continue, but that’s a safe bet.

“It’s just the nature of what WrestleMania has become,” said Meltzer. “There’s more money to be made and it’s better for the shows.”

Smartmark
03-21-2022, 09:29 PM
A bad idea imo. Does not make it special at all to be honest. I would not want to go to the arena two nights in a row as a fan. I would rather not have to pin down two nights in a row to watch it from home either.

Bad idea, but again, most things WWE has been doing over the years are bad ideas.

Kemo
03-22-2022, 12:45 AM
A bad idea imo. Does not make it special at all to be honest. I would not want to go to the arena two nights in a row as a fan. I would rather not have to pin down two nights in a row to watch it from home either.

I agree with all of this.

TKO
03-22-2022, 03:34 AM
One night are boring and long

LionDen
03-22-2022, 08:21 AM
I like the idea of two nights. It certainly gives more wrestlers a chance to shine at the biggest show of them all.

Smartmark
03-22-2022, 11:43 AM
I like the idea of two nights. It certainly gives more wrestlers a chance to shine at the biggest show of them all.

That's the whole point. Not everyone should be entitled to wrestle on the biggest night of the year.

Kemo
03-22-2022, 09:13 PM
That's the whole point. Not everyone should be entitled to wrestle on the biggest night of the year.

Yep. Not everyone in the NFL gets to play in the Super Bowl...

LionDen
03-23-2022, 08:13 AM
Yep. Not everyone in the NFL gets to play in the Super Bowl...

You guys always complain that the top tier stars get all the attention. I think it is good the non top tier get a showing at the biggest show of the year. Would certainly help them sell more merchandise where they get a lot of money.

In the end it all comes down to money.