PDA

View Full Version : Sasha Banks Released by WWE?

Kemo
06-16-2022, 05:15 PM
Sasha Banks is no longer a WWE superstar if one report holds true.

Raj Giri, founder of Wrestling Inc, has taken to his Twitter account to break the news.

"I’m hearing Sasha Banks has been released. I don’t know if she requested it or if it was on WWE’s end.”

It’s important to note that Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful shared that WWE’s talent relations team had not yet heard of the release.

“I spoke with Raj this afternoon and asked WWE about this. As of this evening, they said they hadn’t heard that, and talent relations didn’t seem to know. Not saying that it didn’t or isn’t happening, but this is what I’ve heard so far when I asked. Raj has good sources.”

Sasha had been in the midst of a suspension after she and Naomi walked out of the May 16 episode of Monday Night Raw. The two had been the reigning WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions.

It was reported that the two had creative differences with the company over the direction of the women’s tag team division. There was a six-pack challenge involving both Sasha and Naomi set for that edition of Raw.

Naomi was reportedly going to win that match and move on to challenge Bianca Belair for the Raw Women’s Championship at Hell in a Cell. Sasha would’ve challenged Ronda Rousey for the SmackDown Women’s Title.

It was also reported that during their suspensions, Sasha and Naomi weren’t being paid. They also had all of their merchandise online removed.

The WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles have been vacated and a tournament was announced. WWE still hasn’t given any more info on the tourney and it is reportedly “dead in the water.”

We’ll keep you posted once more details surface.