PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart on Vince McMahon’s WWE Retirement: “I Feel Kind of Sad About It”

Kemo
08-11-2022, 07:26 PM
Bret Hart has weighed in on Vince McMahon resigning from WWE amid the hush money scandals.

It was first reported in June that the WWE board was investigating McMahon for a secret $3 million settlement he allegedly agreed to pay a former WWE employee with whom he allegedly had an affair. A second report came out last month noting agreed to pay more than $12 million to four women to “suppress allegations of sexual misconduct and infidelity” over a 16-year period.

Later that month, McMahon announced he was retiring, later clarified in an SEC filing that he resigned after already stepping back from his duties as WWE Chairman and CEO for the duration of the investigation.

While speaking with Sportskeeda Wrestling, Hart was asked about McMahon’s retirement.

“Like everybody else, I’m mostly just kinda surprised. I don’t think anybody’s ever made as big a footprint as Vince McMahon. I feel kinda sad about it, actually. I know people probably think I would be gloating or happy to see him go through what he’s going, but I don’t. I feel bad that it happened, or whatever’s happened. I think his loss or his absence from the business will be sorely missed,” he said.

Although Hart and McMahon were once bitter enemies after the infamous Montreal Screwjob in 1997, they later buried the hatchet.

Smartmark
08-11-2022, 10:53 PM
Bret screwed Bret.... :shifty:

On a sidenote. It was about time Vince stepped down, and I'm kinda glad he did before things went out of hand to be honest. When people walk out of the company because of decisions he makes over the heads of others, I understand why people, fans and wrestlers alike reacts that way. It does not only hurt WWE but the buiness as a whole. I don't think Vince wants to be remembered as a guy who never listened to the fans or the wrestlers and never did any good decisions, because surely he did.

But when that is said. Will I miss him?

Absolutely not!!!

LionDen
08-12-2022, 10:23 PM
I feel sad about it. It is the end of a great era of wrestling. Vince McMahon changed the business, without him wrestling would not be where it is today.

Smartmark
08-12-2022, 10:51 PM
I feel sad about it. It is the end of a great era of wrestling. Vince McMahon changed the business, without him wrestling would not be where it is today.

He was a good commentator. One of the best....

LionDen
08-14-2022, 09:21 PM
He was a good commentator. One of the best....

lol Yeah, he was good back in the day. Not exactly what I meant by him changing the business lol but he a good commentator.