PDA

View Full Version : Backstage Update on Becky Lynch’s Recovery From Injury

Kemo
10-19-2022, 05:56 PM
Becky Lynch separated her shoulder during her match with Bianca Belair at WWE SummerSlam. The following night on Raw, she was attacked by Damage CTRL and hasn’t been on television since then.

It was previously reported that Lynch would be out of action for several months. However, there was speculation she could be close to a return after she was backstage at the October 3 episode of Raw in St Paul, Minnesota. That’s not the case, though.

Fightful Select reported today that nobody within WWE confirmed that Becky would be returning to in-ring action soon and even stated that the company had not yet followed up with Lynch regarding a possible return at that point in time. Those within WWE say that she was never slated for a September return.

WWE officials had hoped that Lynch would be able to avoid needing surgery and that she would return after a few months in rehab. In early September, Lynch’s doctors and physical therapists believed that it would be at least a couple of months before she could return to the ring. As of this writing, there is no definitive timetable for her return.

People in WWE creative said they were hoping to have Lynch back by the end of the year, but that was not a guarantee and was them being optimistic that she wouldn’t have surgery.

She appeared today during the Advertise Week New York marketing event. The 35-year-old was there to discuss wrestling and was not wearing an arm brace anymore. It was reported earlier today by Fightful Select that Becky is not close to returning to the company from injury.

During the interview at AW New York, Becky stated that the worst match of her career was the one that she wasn’t nervous for.

"I want to get people involved emotionally. How do I want them to feel after this? How do I get them to care? I think when your focus is on the job, on the task at hand, then it is a lot easier to forget about all the extra noise.

All the extra pressure that is on you. Of course, when you are going out there in front of 100,000 people for WrestleMania you are nervous.

But it is a good kind of nervousness. I’ve only ever not been nervous for one match and it was the worst match I ever had. So now any time the nerves get to me I’m like ‘oh this is good’."