PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Jarrett: Logan Paul as WWE Champion Works “In Every Kind of Way”

Kemo
11-01-2022, 06:04 PM
Logan Paul would make an incredibly interesting Undisputed WWE Universal Champion, at least according to Jeff Jarrett.

Paul made his in-ring debut for WWE this year, competing at WrestleMania 38 in a tag match with The Miz to defeat Rey and Dominik.

After being betrayed by the A-Lister, Paul defeated The Miz at Summerslam, and will challenge Roman Reigns at Crown Jewel this Saturday.

Since Paul’s title match was announced, he has faced backlash from fans who believe he doesn’t deserve a title shot so quickly in his career.

Paul himself has said it is somewhat “ridiculous” that his third match in WWE will be against the company’s biggest star for the top prize.

Speaking on his My Way podcast, Jeff Jarrett explained how the social media presence Logan and his brother Jake have, could translate into championship success.

“The audience, in general, whether it’s my 16-year-old son or daughter or whoever it may be, they’re consuming their content on their phones. YouTube. Twitter… That’s what the Paul brothers [have mastered.] They weren’t on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ or ‘The Voice’ or some kind of athletic [show.] They got over on social media, and now they’re bringing that to a televised product.

“The Paul kid becoming champion, I think would work, in every kind of way. Do I think they’re going to do it? No. I just don’t think they’ll switch the title in Saudi [Arabia.] But look, online audiences are talking about it.”

Jarrett’s co-host Conrad Thompson defended Paul against claims of being similar to David Arquette, who infamously became WCW World Champion in 2000.

Thompson explained how Arquette was an actor who WCW forced into a title run to try and get publicity, while Paul has proven himself to be an athlete, even boxing Floyd Mayweather.

Whether Paul wins or loses at Crown Jewel, this isn’t expected to be his final foray in the ring.

On his show, Jarrett discussed the plans for Paul after Crown Jewel, and what WWE could have for him on the biggest show of the year.

“The Paul brothers, they just dominate the conversation and I’m curious. I don’t think they’ll switch it [the title at Crown Jewel] but where does Logan fit in the WrestleMania picture? That’s going to be interesting.

When it was suggested that a Paul Vs. Cody Rhodes title match at WrestleMania could be possible, Jarrett reiterated his belief that a title change could work.

“As far as belts and storylines, Roman does not need the title right now. I mean, Sami Zayn is the star of that attraction right now. You pull him out of that? It’s a completely different dynamic.”

No matches have been confirmed for WrestleMania 39 yet, but a showdown between Reigns and The Rock has been rumored.