PDA

View Full Version : The Rock No Longer Expected to Compete at WWE WrestleMania 39

Kemo
01-21-2023, 12:41 AM
Plans for The Rock to compete at this year’s WrestleMania are seemingly on the back burner, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

The Rock hasn’t competed for WWE since 2016, when he got a six-second victory over Erick Rowan at WrestleMania 32.

It has been rumored for some time that the Great One would be returning this year to face his cousin and Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns.

Reigns Vs. Rock is certainly a match worthy of headlining WrestleMania, but is unlikely to happen this year.

Dave Meltzer reports that The Rock has informed WWE that he does not believe he has enough time to get in adequate shape for WrestleMania.

Unless The Rock changes his mind within the next few days, a match between himself and Reigns won’t happen this year.

The report adds that even if a match doesn’t happen this year, he remains open to doing something with WWE in the future.

It is added that Rock’s involvement with next weekend’s Royal Rumble is “considered less likely than a few months ago.”

Meltzer also suggests the possibility that there is “something” being kept from everyone backstage.

The Rock may not be competing at this year’s WrestleMania after all, but WWE still has a plan without the People’s Champion.

In the Observer, Meltzer writes that WWE “has always had a backup direction” and always knew that The Rock was never a guarantee.

Without The Rock, the arguable favorite to win the Men’s Rumble match is Cody Rhodes, whose return was announced during RAW.

Smartmark
01-21-2023, 02:15 AM
Oh well. If so, it will be amongst the biggest missed opportunities ever.

LionDen
01-21-2023, 06:39 AM
Oh well. If so, it will be amongst the biggest missed opportunities ever.

He could come back for a match at Summerslam or next years Mania. He is 50 though but always looks in shape and looks after himself. I woould have liked to seen him take on Reigns.

Smartmark
01-21-2023, 08:02 PM
He could come back for a match at Summerslam or next years Mania. He is 50 though but always looks in shape and looks after himself. I woould have liked to seen him take on Reigns.

The chance is now. Not next year or later this year. WM is from Hollywood. All the planets are aligned for this match. I cannot even believe how they can think otherwise, and if they do, they do miss out. Not that I personally care, I just find it stupid to let such a chance go by.

TKO
01-21-2023, 11:36 PM
Thanks god I don't want Roman beating rock in the main event I won't kodi beating Roman

LionDen
01-21-2023, 11:51 PM
The chance is now. Not next year or later this year. WM is from Hollywood. All the planets are aligned for this match. I cannot even believe how they can think otherwise, and if they do, they do miss out. Not that I personally care, I just find it stupid to let such a chance go by.

All vert true. Hollywood would have been the perfect place.

Thanks god I don't want Roman beating rock in the main event I won't kodi beating Roman

Reigns may have beaten him as I do not see The Rock holding on to the title. This could be part of the reason why he may not do it also.

TKO
01-22-2023, 01:36 AM
The Rock is a stupid pointless idea it's a waste of another fucking u2023 should be willing shit stupid kodi is a much better option the story make sense Cody Rhodes Sami Zayn and Kevin Owen's vs the bloodline has literally been put on hold shows after WrestleMania

LionDen
01-22-2023, 01:59 AM
I just want Reigns and The Usos to lose all titles lol. I have had enough .. I don't care who beats them .. not Logan Paul though lol