PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle: “I Could do a Cinematic Match”

Kemo
03-20-2023, 07:57 PM
Although Kurt Angle has been retired from in-ring action for several years, he is open to the idea of working a cinematic match.

Angle had his last match in 2019 at WrestleMania 35 when he lost to Baron Corbin. It wasn’t the opponent he wanted as he thought one more showdown with John Cena would be the right choice, but Vince McMahon saw otherwise.

The idea of a cinematic started in 2020 at WrestleMania 36 with the Boneyard Match against AJ Styles and The Undertaker during the COVID pandemic. Since then, several cinematic matches have taken place.

While speaking on the latest Kurt Angle Show podcast, the WWE Hall of Famer praised the match and noted that he thought it was brilliant as Taker was coming back and getting older, and they did it the right way.

This led to Angle being asked whether he would be open to working these matches.

"I could do that. I'd be game for that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to do it every year, but if I'm going to do a match, I would want to pre-record it, and I would want each spot to come whenever I was ready to do it.”

Angle noted that there's nothing wrong with these matches.

"I mean, having a match, where you just do it all in the ring, and you do it live in front of people. That's one thing that's really impressive. That's the most impressive match you can have, but having a match where you have spot after spot, taped at different times you put it all together. It's still a wrestling match. Now don't get me wrong, you're cheating a little bit, but it's still going to come across incredibly well. That Undertaker/AJ match was awesome."