PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Michaels Says NXT Europe is Still in "The Organizational Stage"

Kemo
03-23-2023, 09:18 AM
NXT Europe is still being organized, but will hopefully launch by the end of 2023, according to Shawn Michaels.

The WWE's latest innovation of the gold brand was announced last summer as the replacement for the now-defunct NXT UK.

After NXT Europe was announced, WWE released almost everyone from NXT UK, with the few survivors being moved to WWE NXT.

The decision to cull the NXT UK roster led to backlash from fans who questioned how WWE would entice new talent to join NXT Europe.

While WWE announced NXT Europe in a big (and controversial) way, little has been heard about the brand since then.

Speaking to SportsMail's Alex McCarthy, Head of WWE NXT Shawn Michaels provided an update on the brand.

"Things are still in the organizational stage and we are hoping we will have that up and running by the end of 2023. I’m really learning. It isn’t something you just throw together, especially if you want to set it up for success. I think everyone would feel a bit more comfortable if it takes a little bit longer to make sure we cross every t and dot every i, but still looking forward to trying to make that a reality by the end of 2023."

In January, Triple H said there had been "a lot of progress" on NXT Europe, and that the search for talent will be worldwide.

WWE is counting on NXT Europe being a success, and that may result in the company rehiring ex-NXT UK talent.

In late 2022, Amale said she would love to be part of NXT Europe, saying it is "going to be really special."

Earlier this month, former NXT UK Superstars Sha Samuels and Rampage Brown were spotted at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando.