PDA

View Full Version : Rhea Ripley Compares WrestleMania 39 Victory To First Match With Charlotte Flair

Kemo
04-02-2023, 10:02 PM
'The Mami' Rhea Ripley made history tonight at WrestleMania 39 Night 1, when she beat Charlotte Flair. The WWE star became the first female to win the NXT UK Women's Title, NXT Women's Title, WWE Women's Tag Team Title, Raw Women's Title and now The SmackDown Women's Title.

Though this wasn't her first Mania encounter with The Queen. The two stars first faced each other at the Grandest Stage of Them All three years ago. Flair had won the Royal Rumble then and she challenged Ripley for the NXT Women's Championship at WrestleMania 36.

The Judgement Day star was asked about the difference between the two matches and how satisfying her victory tonight was during the WrestleMania press conference. Ripley mentioned how the world was in lockdown when the two first went up against each other, and claimed that her win was extremely satisfying:

"Man, it's extremely satisfying. Going into WrestleMania 36, it was my first WrestleMania. I was NXT Women's Champion, and Charlotte had just won the Royal Rumble. I was like, 'You know what? if she wants to challenge me, bring it.' Unfortunately for me, my first WrestleMania was at a time when the world was shut down." recalled Rhea Ripley, "So we had zero people in attendance. We were at the Performance Center, which is where I had trained every single day for the past two to three years. It was the one place that I really didn't want to go to but at the end of the day, I think Charlotte and I still stole the show that night.

So I'm very, very proud of that match. But going out there tonight at WrestleMania 39 in Hollywood. I'm the Royal Rumble winner. I challenge Charlotte Flair for the SmackDown Women's Championship and I came out victorious this time. It is so extremely satisfying, and I have to give it to Charlotte. She put up a mean fight and I didn't really expect anything less from her. I know exactly how she is in the ring. I knew that I had to bring everything that I had. So I did, and now you're looking at the new SmackDown Women's Champion."

LionDen
04-02-2023, 11:13 PM
It was a great match and very well deserved win by Rhea Ripley. :)

Ripley is now a Triple Crown Champion and a Grand Slam Champion. She has won:
- RAW Women's Championship
- Smackdown Women's Championship
- NXT Women's Championship
- NXT UK Women's Championship
- WWE Women's Tag Team Championship
- Women's Royal Rumble (2023)

LionDen
04-02-2023, 11:14 PM
Rhea Ripley reacts after defeating Charlotte Flair for the SmackDown Women’s Title

1TmtVU1pFlw[/CENTER]

LionDen
04-02-2023, 11:14 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ISOdbWm.jpg