PDA

View Full Version : Rey Mysterio on Eddie Guerrero Tribute: He Was the "Fullest" Representative of Hispanics

Kemo
04-02-2023, 10:04 PM
Rey Mysterio was incredibly proud to pay tribute to the late, great Eddie Guerrero with his entrance at WWE WrestleMania 39: Night One.

During last night's event, Mysterio defeated his son Dominik after months of being goaded by The Judgment Day member.

The night prior, Rey was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in a ceremony that Dominik and Rhea Ripley walked out of.

For his entrance at WrestleMania, Rey arrived in style, making his way to the ring in a low-rider with fellow Hall of Famer Snoop Dogg.

The entrance also included the theme music for Guerrero, who died aged 38 in November 2005.

Speaking at the post-WrestleMania 39: Night One press conference, spoke about the importance of his tribute to Eddie.

"You can only imagine [what it meant to me] I already had mixed emotions from the Hall of Fame the night before, and the rebirth of the LWO [during this week's SmackDown on FOX.] Knowing that I had to fight my son, knowing that my wife and daughter were there, a lot of family members. And on top of that [was the Guerrero tribute.]

To be able to ride with Snoop was legendary. 'Nothin' but a G' is something I heard when I was a kid. When I was growing up, everybody heard that song. And then to mix it into Viva La Raza, the representation of the representor, the fullest representor of Hispanics: Eddie Guerrero. It's incredible. I walked into that match very emotional, and a lot of my work tonight was in honor of Eddie Guerrero."

Rey is considered one of the greatest WWE Superstars of all time and takes his relationship with the Hispanic and Latino communities seriously.

At the press conference, Rey was asked about being a representative and forging a path for other Superstars.

"Very important. Since day one, when I was given an opportunity to be part of WWE, I was representing Lucha Libre. Hispanics. Lucha Libre is part of our culture. And to be able to have Bad Bunny and Damian Priest, even though we're rivals [is important.] and now, with the rebirth of the LWO, this is incredible. It's opening up doors for more Hispanics."

Bad Bunny will host WWE Backlash, which will take place next month in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Smartmark
04-02-2023, 10:10 PM
I liked Rey's entrance, but Dominik had the best entrance of the night imo.

LionDen
04-02-2023, 10:52 PM
I liked Rey's entrance, but Dominik had the best entrance of the night imo.

Dom's entrance made me laugh.

https://i.imgur.com/ua1kwhh.jpg

Smartmark
04-03-2023, 01:15 AM
Dom's entrance made me laugh.

https://i.imgur.com/ua1kwhh.jpg

It was not the passing of the torch moment that I had hoped for, but it was still a ok match. But I think Dominik should have won tbh.

LionDen
04-03-2023, 05:35 AM
It was not the passing of the torch moment that I had hoped for, but it was still a ok match. But I think Dominik should have won tbh.

The Mysterio situation is bizarre IMO. Still no idea why he in the Hall of Fame when he is going to continue to wrestle. Maybe he is staying on to help build up his son. I can not see Dom's problem with his family ending at Mania.