PDA

View Full Version : Roman Reigns on Elevating Others, Plans to Retire & THAT Match With The Rock

Kemo
04-02-2023, 10:09 PM
Roman Reigns will enter his seventh WrestleMania main event tonight, and it is arguably the biggest one of them all.

Since 2015, Reigns has been a regular of the WrestleMania main event scene, with only two shows since then not being headlined by the Tribal Chief (2019 and 2020.)

Tonight, Reigns will face 2023 Men's Rumble winner Cody Rhodes, and many are of the opinion that the match will mark a new champion and the changing of the guard.

Roman Reigns is unquestionably the biggest star in WWE today, and has reached a level entirely on his own.

This has unsurprisingly earned some backlash from fans, who believe WWE's focus on the Head of the Table has come at the expense of others who could have been Champion.

In perhaps his final interview as Undisputed WWE Universal Champion, Reigns spoke to Ariel Helwani of BT Sport about being a team player, despite his status as the top star.

"It's a team. We're a company. There's this crazy inter-competition that's always going on but at the end of the day we're a team, so I just want to do what's best for the team. To be the only guy being raised up just didn't feel right to me, so the quickest way to do that was to link up with the people I know best.

"If we can't lift everybody up then we aren't what we say we are. The Tribal Chief, the high tide lifts all the ships. That's the most important thing for me, and that was what was critical to get us to where we are now. We [The Bloodline] can be a big star and be doing pretty well or we can lift everything up and make it better. Be the energy behind all this growth and reach heights we've never had, and that's what we're doing."

With Reigns appearing on WWE programming less, and his matches per year dropping significantly, many have raised questions as to his future in the ring.

It is no secret that Reigns could join the world of Hollywood and follow in the footsteps of the likes of John Cena and Batista.

When asked how much longer he plans on wrestling, the reigning Undisputed WWE Universal Champion gave a rough estimate.

"At this pace? I take good care of myself. As long as it makes sense. I feel good. I'll be 38 in a couple of months. I still feel like I could push to definitely 45 if I wanted to. I don't need to."

One match fans remain hopeful to see before the end of the Tribal Chief's career is the long-awaited dream match with The Rock.

At a time, it seemed that the match was going to happen until the Great One informed WWE that he did not feel he had enough time to get into ring shape.

In the interview, Reigns was asked whether there was ever a chance of a match with his cousin at WrestleMania 39.

"I don't really know that. That's more of a wise man [call.] Some of the stuff, I don't necessarily want on my plate. So that's why having a special counsel is so brilliant, because we're able to sift through the things, filter the things I need to worry about and the things I don't need to worry about."

When Helwani asked if the match was ever discussed, Reigns said that if it was, he wasn't privy to the conversation.

"Not with me because I'm just so thoroughly tied into what I'm doing within the WWE. That's why you haven't seen me in a movie. That's why you haven't seen me cameo in this or that. They're available, I can do that stuff anytime I want, but I'm so [focused on WWE.]"

The Great One has teased that he could be seeing Reigns in person soon, which has fans speculating that he could appear tonight at WrestleMania 39: Night Two.

Today is day 945 of Reigns' incredible tenure as WWE Universal Champion.

LionDen
04-02-2023, 11:31 PM
It is no secret that Reigns could join the world of Hollywood and follow in the footsteps of the likes of John Cena and Batista.

lol I guess he can not really follow in his cousins The Rock footsteps in Hollywood. The Rock in a league of his own when it comes to WWE wrestlers following the Hollywood path.

Speaking of The Rock, it is possible these 2 could meet down the track still. Although I will continue to say this Wrestlemania would have been the perfect story line with maybe The Rock not happy with Reigns calling himself The Tribal Chief / The Head of the Table as The Rock may think he is or just does not like Reigns calling himself that.

Well, if we go back a few years, Vince McMahon and Triple H said they wanted Superstars to hold the titles longer lol. They certainly kept their word on that one. What's better, the WWE championship changing hands every month as they did for a while there or someone holding it for 2 to 3 years. I guess there has to be a happy medium. lol

I hate saying this but I keep thinking maybe WWE let Reigns hold the title so long just in case his leukemia comes back and has to retire. Just a thought, most probably wrong but can't help not thinking it. Reigns gets tested regularly for it.

TKO
04-09-2023, 12:49 AM
It is the most overrated wrestler of all time, no matter what he does. It always be fucking dog shit he will never be star in Hollywood is the most boring, generic bland, vanilla piece of shit I’ve ever seen he hasn’t elevated anybody or lost to anyone

LionDen
04-09-2023, 04:59 AM
It is the most overrated wrestler of all time, no matter what he does. It always be fucking dog shit he will never be star in Hollywood is the most boring, generic bland, vanilla piece of shit I’ve ever seen he hasn’t elevated anybody or lost to anyone

I have to agree, he is over rated