PDA

View Full Version : Triple H Provides Update On Finn Balor's Gruesome WrestleMania Injury

Kemo
04-03-2023, 08:17 PM
WrestleMania Sunday was not a good night for Finn Balor. The Judgement Day Leader brought out his Demon persona for his Hell In A Cell match against Edge at the show. He not only lost the match however, the former Universal Champion also suffered a nasty injury during the bout.

The injury happened early on in the match when The Rated R Superstar launched a ladder onto his opponent. This busted up Balor's head and the match had to be stopped for a moment.

Edge distracted the people by pulling out more weapons as the medical team checked on Finn. He was apparently given a numbing agent and received staples right at the spot. A photo of Balor's gruesome injury has since surfaced online and it looks to be a nasty cut:

Despite the nasty injury, Balor continued the match and delivered a classic with the WWE Hall of Famer. At the end however, Edge came out victorious. He hit Balor with a series of chair shots, followed by the Con-Chair-To for the win.

Triple H was asked about the injury of Finn Balor in the post WrestleMania press conference. The WWE Executive mentioned that it took them a moment to realize what happened due to the Demon face paint. Though he confirmed that Balor is alright and the only injury coming out of the show was Shane McMahon:

"He's great. I just spoke to him right before I came down here. Sometimes metal appliances that aren't designed to be thrown at you are unforgiving. [We] try to be safe as possible but things happen and he received a few staples in the ring. Bleeding stopped, went along with the match, and was able to put on a classic.

I just saw him again. It was totally fine. Just is a good gash. When your blood is flowing and adrenaline's cooking, stuff tends to tends to flow a lot, but took care of it. We're all about the safety of performers and everything. We have at standing by at all times medical and ready to roll. The truth is if there's a risk, then we won't take it. We'll shut it down.

So he was totally fine. The funny thing is the paint, hard to see right with all the paint so it's kind of interesting. We weren't sure what was going on for a minute and then we go 'Geez', but he's wonderful. I believe, to my knowledge as of this moment, the only injury tonight at all was Shane with torn quad, but other than that everybody was aces."

Smartmark
04-03-2023, 08:20 PM
I get that they care about the wrestlers well being, but the whole HIAC gimmick was a bit weakened by the fact that it took EMT's almost 2 minutes before things was cleared to continue.

LionDen
04-04-2023, 01:28 PM
I get that they care about the wrestlers well being, but the whole HIAC gimmick was a bit weakened by the fact that it took EMT's almost 2 minutes before things was cleared to continue.

Takes time to put staples in and to make sure there is no bleeding lol