View Full Version : The Rock to Star in Live-Action 'Moana' Remake

Kemo
04-03-2023, 08:44 PM
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson announced his latest project as he will reprise one of his most popular movies, but this time, it will be in live-action.

The former WWE Champion announced today that the retelling of "Moana" is in the works at Disney.

The original movie, an animated version, was released in 2016, where Rock voiced the character Maui, who was inspired by his grandfather Peter Maivia. Rock will now physically be playing the character.
The Announcement

Auli’i Cravalho will also be returning as Moana. Rock said the movie is "very early in the process," and there's still much work to be done. He wrote the following in the caption of a Twitter post:

“#MAUI changed my life (miss you grandpa) and I’m honored to partner with @DisneyStudios to tell our story thru the realm of music & dance, which at the core is who we are as Polynesian people.”

On Saturday, Rock’s daughter, Simone (Ava), made her in-ring debut when she, Joe Gacy, Rip Fowler, and Jagger Reid lost to Chase U (Thea Hail, Andre Chase & Duke Hudson) & Tyler Bate in an eight-person tag team match.

Fowler and Reid have since been released from the company after asking for it.

LionDen
04-05-2023, 01:43 PM
https://i.imgur.com/cIjibNd.jpg