PDA

View Full Version : WWE Unhappy with Ric Flair Over Hall of Fame Speech

Kemo
04-04-2023, 07:23 PM
Ric Flair had plenty to say during this year's WWE Hall of Fame ceremony, but the company wasn't thrilled with the Nature Boy's speech.

On March 31, Flair inducted The Great Muta into the WWE Hall of Fame and described him as the greatest Japanese wrestler he's ever faced.

Muta is one of the rare cases in which a wrestler was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame without ever competing for WWE.

Flair spoke about the career of The Great Muta and their time working together in a lengthy speech last Friday night.

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful Select reports that WWE "wasn't thrilled" with the speech by the 16-time World Champion.

It is believed that Flair mentioning Sting, who now works for AEW, is the reason why the speech didn't go down well backstage.

Sapp also stated that it could have been Flair's "overall presentation" at the Hall of Fame ceremony.

Sapp added that WWE was very happy with the speech that Konnan gave for Rey Mysterio during the event.

Ric Flair has had a complicated relationship with WWE in recent years.

In September 2019, Flair threatened legal action against WWE for using the term 'The Man' to describe Becky Lynch.

In 2021, Flair accused Lynch of using the term without his explicit permission, as he uses the phrase 'To be The Man, you've got to beat The Man.'

The matter has since been resolved and Flair has apologized for his actions.

After VICE's Dark Side of the Ring covered the Plane Ride from Hell, WWE removed Flair from their signature intro, greatly upsetting the Hall of Famer.

LionDen
04-04-2023, 10:30 PM
Even though he is a legend, Flair annoys the hell out of me. He always has to be the center of attention in anything he does. I did not like his HOF induction speech but I did like Konnan's.