PDA

View Full Version : Indi Hartwell On NXT Stand & Deliver, Reuniting with The Way

Kemo
04-14-2023, 01:01 AM
New NXT Women's Champion Indi Hartwell has opened up about how much the recent Stand & Deliver show meant to her.

At the April 1 event, the same day as WWE WrestleMania 39: Night One, Hartwell captured the NXT Women's Championship in a Ladder match.

Hartwell dispatched of Lyra Valkyria, Tiffany Stratton, Zoey Stark, Gigi Dolin, and champion Roxanne Perez for her first singles title in WWE.

wGBUWfEp8wo

Hartwell's title victory was a huge moment for the Australian, but she did not celebrate alone.

Post-match, Hartwell was joined by Candice LeRae, as the pair had previously held the NXT Women's Tag Team Championships.

Speaking on WWE's The Bump, Hartwell spoke about being able to celebrate with LeRae.

"There’s no one else I would rather come back through the curtain to. She said she didn’t even cry when Johnny won his NXT Title, so that meant the world to me, and I didn’t think that I was going to get emotional but seeing her cry and get emotional made me emotional… [Candice] never got to win the NXT Women’s Championship but I know that she’s living through me.”

NXT Stand & Deliver also saw Johnny Gargano make his return to the gold brand and defeat Grayson Waller.

Post-match, The Way (minus Austin Theory) reunited and celebrated on the ramp, in a poignant moment for the new Women's Champion.

“That moment was one of the best moments I’ve had in WWE. I’ve been through so much with The Way. We’re like a family, we’re a family on TV but we’re like a family in real life."

During her first appearance on WWE NXT as champion, Hartwell was attacked by Cora Jade following a title defense against Zoey Stark.