PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar Almost Quit WWE Three Years Ago

Kemo
04-16-2023, 11:25 PM
The lack of fans in the venues during the pandemic certainly affected Brock Lesnar.

WWE talents' biggest strength is to feed off of the crowd's reactions. However, the world came to a standstill during the global pandemic and fans were not allowed to attend the shows. However, WWE introduced The Thunderdome at Amway Center. It had a new set, pyrotechnics, lasers, graphics, drone cameras, and rows of virtual fans on 1,000 LED boards.

The interactive experience was a fresh concept that impressed the WWE Universe and enhanced their experience. However, Lesnar was not happy.
Daniel Cormier opens up on Brock Lesnar

Lesnar is not only one of the biggest names in WWE. He certainly has a strong connection with the crowd but the UFC legend Daniel Cormier revealed that the absence of the fans took a toll on Lesnar so much that he considered retiring.

Cormier recently revealed that 'The Beast Incarnate' once came close to retiring from pro-wrestling during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Speaking on Daniel Cormier TV, former UFC star discussed how much he hated fighting in an empty arena without fans. He talked about Lesnar's own experience as a pro-wrestler during the COVID-19 pandemic, saying:

"I could not stand that. We don't fight for nothing. You know what Brock Lesnar told me?... He said when he went back to the WWE at the end of the pandemic and he was wrestling in front of those screens, they had nobody there, he goes, 'I'm done. I did not get into this for this. I want to be in front of a crowd."

SJVeqy3yBPk

Following WrestleMania 36 in April 2020, where he lost his championship to Drew McIntyre, Lesnar revealed that he had retired from pro wrestling. However, he later changed his mind and returned to WWE in 2021

Meanwhile, fast-forward to WrestleMania 39, Lesnar picked up a win against Omos in a match that last under five minutes. On the latest edition of Raw, Rhodes challenged Lesnar to a match at the upcoming WWE Backlash PLE, scheduled for Saturday, May 6 live from San Juan, Puerto Rico. WWE has since announced that Lesnar will be at Raw next week to answer Cody's challenge.