PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hardy Excited For Brother Jeff's Next Chapter

Kemo
04-17-2023, 11:23 PM
Several months ago, The Firm purchased the contracts of Matt Hardy and Private Party. Hardy was always defiant of "All Ego" Ethan Page to the point that Page threatened Hardy's "kids" (Marq Quen and Isiah Kassidy) to keep him in line. In recent weeks, it appeared that Hardy and Page had put their differences aside.

On the April 5 episode of Dynamite, Hardy turned on Page by hitting him in the face with the FTW title, allowing HOOK to win. This week, Page was in the ring to address the rough patch The Firm was going through. Big Bill and Lee Moriarty attacked Hardy and Kassidy when HOOK came out to save them. As The Firm continued their assault, Jeff Hardy ran down to help his brother and his posse.

W0cQVdjg-p0

There were rumblings earlier on Wednesday that Jeff was in the building. On this week's episode of The Extreme Life of Matt Hardy, Matt noted that Jeff had been recovering from eye surgery, but was cleared at the end of last week. "His vision is fine. His eyes are stable. They're working in sync now, so they're really good."

This podcast episode was filmed immediately after Dynamite and Matt revealed the TV segment was cut a little short. On Friday's episode of Rampage, the opponents will be revealed. The stipulation is that if Matt's team wins, he and Private Party's contracts will no longer be under The Firm's control. Matt clarified that Jeff's contract is not owned by The Firm.

Host Jon Alba asks if AEW is the right environment for Jeff to be in. Matt responded that it's the most work he's "ever seen him do himself and he had 10 months and he seems different."

"Once again, I don't want to sit here and vouch for him," Matt said. "I don't want you to take my word for it. I don't want you to take anyone's word for it. I want you to watch him and follow his actions and then he'll make you a believer if that's what you need. I am confident his actions and his conduct and his behavior will make people believe. He's made me a believer.

I've got to see a lot of him and I've gotten to follow his journey and I know the work he's put in. And I know how dedicated he's been to legitimately changing and trying to get his shit together once and for all. All I can say is that I am so extraordinarily proud of him and he's done great. And today, everyone was so happy to see him and he was so happy to be there."

Matt revealed that Jeff was really nervous before going out in front of the audience. When Jeff's music hit on Dynamite, we got another reminder just how popular he remains, despite his string of legal issues.

"Jeff is one of the few individuals who just has it. Something that's just so extremely special and people are connected to him in such an organic way. The fans reaction to Jeff's return was a "magical moment."

Matt is excited to see where things go for him and his brother as they embark on another run together in AEW.