PDA

View Full Version : John Morrison: WWE is a "Bastardized Version" of What You Want

Kemo
04-21-2023, 03:03 AM
Would John Morrison consider returning to WWE? Perhaps, but even if it happens, it won't be what he wants.

Morrison, one of the two winners of Tough Enough 3 was with WWE from 2002 to 2011 and had a second two-year stint from 2019 to 2011.

As a WWE Superstar, Morrison is a former ECW World Champion, Intercontinental Champion, and multi-time Tag Team Champion.
John Morrison Considers a WWE Return

Morrison's second tenure with WWE ended in November 2021 when he was one of the many victims of the dreaded 'budget cuts.'

Speaking to Ariel Helwani of the MMA Hour this week, Morrison addressed a potential return.

"I hate that place. But sure, if they called me, I’d go back. (Laughs) Why do (I) hate it? Because it’s your dream. It’s what I’ve watched as a kid, and then you show up and you want to live your dream and do the things that you’ve dreamed of doing, but it’s a bastardized version of what you want to do. That was my experience."

Later in the interview, Morrison admitted that he would be more open to a WWE Return than he previously let on.

"It’s not for everybody. I kind of exaggerated the hate thing to make a little joke, but sure, I’d go back. I tried not to burn any bridges. I love the roster there, I love a lot of the people there."

Outside of WWE, Morrison has found success (and new names) with multiple promotions.

The former IMPACT Wrestling World Champion has also held gold in AAA, Lucha Underground, and MLW.

Morrison made his AEW debut as Johnny Elite in May 2022 and recently won his debut boxing fight at Creator Clash 2.