PDA

View Full Version : LA Knight Plans to Become WWE Universal Champion "Sooner Than Later"

Kemo
04-21-2023, 07:53 PM
LA Knight has been pushed up the card since going back to the Knight gimmick on the main roster as a member of the WWE SmackDown roster after portraying his Max Dupri gimmick that was used as a lower card act. He has since feuded with a few different wrestlers, including Bray Wyatt.

Knight came up short when wrestling Xavier Woods on a recent edition of SmackDown, with Woods earning the right to challenge for the WWE Intercontinental Title next. Woods will get that championship match on tonight’s episode of SmackDown against GUNTHER.

Knight is scheduled to be in action at WWE live events. It’s unclear what he’ll be doing on SmackDown.
LA Knight’s Goal

While making an appearance on KTAL NBC 6, the hosts noted that they were cheering on him to become a champion in WWE.

"Not only are they looking for me to become world champ sometime soon, but I'm looking to become the WWE Universal Champion sooner than later," Knight stated.

Regarding his dream match, he noted that he wants to share the ring with a champion, whether that’s Roman Reigns, GUNTHER, or Austin Theory.

"Dream matches, you think about people from the past who aren't doing it anymore. There are a couple of those. Everyone is talking about it again, the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion, that makes me look at Roman Reigns. Even GUNTHER, with the Intercontinental Championship, Austin Theory for the United States Championship. Any one of those guys, who I could take a piece of gold off of, that would be my dream match," Knight stated.

eBhcLh1jKk0

Smartmark
04-22-2023, 12:18 AM
They better not waste his potential. One of my favorite wrestlers the last couple of days. He's got a ton of charisma and are decent in-ring.

Kemo
04-24-2023, 12:36 AM
They better not waste his potential. One of my favorite wrestlers the last couple of days. He's got a ton of charisma and are decent in-ring.

I was expecting an opposite reaction from you. I agree with you 100%. Dude is a great worker and talker. His promos are always fire. But, he's gotten himself over and WWE isn't ready for it, so he's going to get the shit-show like they did to Rusev when he got himself over. If this was back in the territory days, a booker would see him getting over and strap a rocket to his back. It's a shame WWE isn't doing more to elevate him. They just want to put over mediocre talent who recites shitty scripted promos.