PDA

View Full Version : Big E: Hosting Backlash is More than a Paycheck for Bad Bunny

Kemo
04-25-2023, 12:33 AM
Hosting the upcoming Backlash Premium Live Event, like his other appearances for WWE, is so much more than a paycheck for Bad Bunny.

The Grammy award-winning artist has certainly proven to be a hit with WWE fans since his arrival in the company in 2021.

Bunny impressed audiences with his in-ring debut at WrestleMania 37 and would later compete in the 2022 Men's Royal Rumble match.
Bad Bunny Sees More than a Paycheck

On May 6, Bunny will host the WWE Backlash event in San Juan, Puerto Rico, WWE's first PLE in the area since New Year's Revolution in January 2005.

During a recent appearance on the "Battleground Podcast," Big E spoke about Bunny's involvement with the show and WWE as a whole.

"I'm not knocking any celebrity who comes in, takes a paycheck, and does what they're asked, that's fine. But you can tell with him, it's so much more than that. He's a guy who truly loves this. I think pro wrestling was his first love and grew up watching WWE. For me, it's so dope and amazing to see someone like him, who is a massive, massive star, and comes in so humbly and so energetically to do what we do."

Big E also recalled an episode of Carpool Karaoke in which Bunny called his WrestleMania 37 match the best day of his life.

Bad Bunny will be the host of WWE Backlash, but many expect that his role on the show will go beyond that.

Given the attack on him during the post-WrestleMania Raw, it is believed he will be competing at the event in Puerto Rico.

The current speculation is that Bunny and Rey Mysterio will face Dominik Mysterio and Damian Priest, the man who attacked Bunny on Raw.

Bad Bunny will be appearing on tonight's episode of WWE Monday Night Raw in Rosemont, Illinois.