PDA

View Full Version : WWE Superstars Denied Release Request

Kemo
04-25-2023, 03:25 AM
A couple weeks ago, it was reported that two NXT Superstars had requested their release. Jagger Reid and Rip Fowler asked for their release and then later in the day, it was reported that their releases were granted.

Except, they weren't. Three days later, Reid and Fowler were seen at Level Up tapings. They accompanied Schism leader, Joe Gacy, to the ring. Fowler and Reid currently wrestle as The Dyad and are part of Schism.

Prior to joining Schism, they duo wrestled as James Drake and Zack Gibson. As Grizzled Young Veterans, they were the inaugural NXT UK Tag Team Champions. Amid rumors that they had requested their release, Reid tweeted a photo of themselves with GYV paraphernalia.

Reid has since changed his name on Twitter back to James Drake. On Monday night, he tweeted, "As of today, WWE has denied my request for my release. I want to thank you all for your support throughout my career, I'll never take that for granted. My contract with WWE expires on 14th October 2023. I'm excited to share our next chapter, once we are free agents."

Fowler also tweeted a similar statement. "Today WWE have denied our release, which was requested on April 3rd. On 15th Oct '23 we will be free agents again. I personally want to thank all of our fans for your continued support, it means a lot to both of us especially during times like these! We'll see you on the 16th!"

Their last match came on the April 18 episode of NXT. They were unsuccessful in their match against The Creed Brothers and Gallus in a Tag Team triple threat match.