PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bischoff Opens Up On Nearly Dying Twice Earlier this Year

Kemo
04-26-2023, 06:16 PM
Eric Bischoff has spoken candidly about how close he came to losing his life earlier this year.

During his 83 Weeks Podcast, Bischoff spoke about needing to add psyllium husks to his diet as he is hypoglycemic.

The WWE Hall of Famer recalled thinking that he could start with the maximum amount rather than starting with the minimum and building up.

"I‘m looking at the directions and it says ‘Recommended one to three tablespoons.’ And I’m going, ‘Well, that’s for the average person.' That’s where I stopped, I didn’t read the rest of the directions, especially the important part that said, ‘Don’t start out with a maximum dose right away, work your way up to it.’”

Bischoff added that he began passing massive amounts of blood and his blood pressure dropped to a low level, and he told his wife before passing out.

After regaining consciousness, Bischoff had a shower as his wife called the hospital, and passed out again, this time cutting his head on the fall.

"I go to the emergency room and they keep me there until about 4:30 in the morning and they sent me home, not passing any more blood. I still don’t know what was wrong, but I’m not bleeding anymore so they sent me home."

A few days later and Bischoff was feeling somewhat better, but was unable to film an episode of his Strictly Business podcast.

Bischoff recalled telling co-host Jon Alba "I'm sorry brother, I just can't do this," and passed out again.

After coming too, Bischoff asked his wife Lori to call the hospital again which proved to be a scary ordeal for the couple.

"They put me in ICU. I was in the emergency room for a couple hours, they couldn’t figure out what was wrong. They put me in ICU and I was there for a couple days and the bleeding in my intestines was so bad, they couldn’t figure out where it was coming from."

When the doctors advised surgery, it was discovered that Bischoff had lost too much blood and that there was not enough at the hospital in Cody, Wyoming.

Bischoff had to be airlifted to Billings, Montana, where they had more blood and surgeons, and Bischoff spent a few days in the ICU.

"I stopped bleeding, they couldn’t find where the blood was coming from, it was a complete mystery. The doctor did tell me, 'You almost died twice. You almost died here, and you almost died in Cody.'"

Bischoff then went on to reveal that he had pieced together the fact that this was happening because of the Psyllium Husk supplement.

Due to the amount he had ingested, the Husk supplement had torn at the inner lining of his intestines which were unable to heal properly.