PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin Leaves The Door Open for Another Match

Kemo
04-26-2023, 06:23 PM
At WWE WrestleMania 38 in 2022, Steve Austin Austin came out of retirement when he beat Kevin Owens. The bout resembled more of a brawl rather than a traditional match. It was his first match since WrestleMania 19 in 2003 when he put over The Rock.

Although WWE tried to get Austin back to do one more match and reportedly pitched him opponents such as Brock Lesnar, LA Knight, and Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 39, the legendary wrestler couldn’t do it.

While speaking to WESH2, Austin reiterated WWE spoke with him for another match, and just like had noted in a past interview, he thought it was a great sendoff for him with what he did at WrestleMania 38 because he wasn’t expected to do much.

Austin was scheduled to be filming his new show, and he told the company that he didn’t know what his life would be like once they got into production. They finished filming the show a week before WrestleMania 39.
Steve Austin’s Thoughts

Austin felt he couldn’t get into the right shape while traveling in an RV with a sandbag, dumbbell, and kettlebells. However, he’s not ruling out another match down the line.

"In the future, I'm not saying I will get back in the ring, but like I said at [WrestleMania] 38, if the stars align, anything could happen."

He was filming his reality show, "Stone Cold Takes on America," which airs on Sunday, April 30, on A&E at 10 p.m ET.