PDA

View Full Version : Lita Shares The Favor She Asked Becky Lynch & Trish Stratus Before WrestleMania 39

Kemo
04-26-2023, 06:37 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Lita remains overwhelmed by the fact that she was able to compete at WrestleMania 39 earlier this month.

During Night Two of this year's Showcase of the Immortals, Lita teamed with Becky Lynch and Trish Stratus to defeat Damage CTRL.

Despite being one of the most celebrated women in wrestling history, this match was just Lita's second WrestleMania bout and her first win.

After retiring from full-time competition in November 2006, Lita spent years convinced that her days of competing at WrestleMania were over.

Speaking to Dean Muhtadi of TMZ Sports (fka Mojo Rawley) this week, Lita reflected on getting the chance to compete at WrestleMania again.

"I had no aspirations, no idea that I would be at WrestleMania 39, so just walking down the stage and everything, it was really surreal, and to do it with two people that I’m so close to, or were close to, it was really fun."

Lita recalled asking her tag team partners for a favor before their entrance, as she wanted to spend some time savoring the moment.

"I remember saying to them before we went out, ‘Hey, it’s a really long ramp, and I know we’re mad at Damage CTRL and we got business to take care of, but for the first half, can we just have fun and take it in, and then we can get serious?’ They were like, ‘Okay.’ I feel like only I did that, though. I’m walking down like, ‘Oh, hell yeah, this is rad,’ and they’re like, ‘We’re gonna kick your ass."

While this marked Lita's second WrestleMania match, she has been a part of some big moments from the Showcase of the Immortals.

Lita made her presence felt during WrestleMania X-Seven's TLC 2 Match, and aided Edge in his WrestleMania 22 war with Mick Foley.

In the interview, Lita said that this year's event takes the cake for her when it comes to WrestleMania moments.

"I would put it at the top, and here’s why. With age comes perspective, and I just feel like I could really be in the moment and soak it in, and just be really appreciative to be there... Not that many of my other Mania moments weren’t important, but I feel like I kinda got lost in them because I was worried about the next thing."

Despite her return to action this year, Lita is well aware that her days of being a full-time performer are over, and she has made peace with that.

Reflecting on working with the current roster, the Hall of Famer said there is something poetic to being able to see the fruits of her labor after years of pushing the envelope.

"It’s poetry, right? To have come up and try to push the envelope of what a woman’s role in this industry looks like, and then to see the fruits of that labor, and the blood, sweat, and tears, this is like playtime. I’m like, you did the work, and then you guys took it to the next level, and then to be invited back in to come play with these phenomenal athletes, with just as much passion, pushing things forward to heights that I did not know were possible."

Lita hasn't competed since she was attacked backstage during the April 10, episode of Raw, which was revealed to be an attack by Stratus.