PDA

View Full Version : Edge Reveals He Refused To End The Undertaker's Streak

Kemo
04-26-2023, 06:45 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Edge recently revealed that he was once offered the opportunity to end fellow WWE Hall of Famer The Undertaker's WrestleMania streak. However, the former WWE Champion decided to decline the offer.

The Undertaker's WrestleMania streak is one of the biggest chapters in the history of WWE. He defeated several iconic names in pro wrestling at 'The Grandest Stage of Them All.' However, 'The Deadman' remained undefeated in the first 21 WrestleMania matches he participated in before Brock Lesnar did the unthinkable. 'The Beast Incarnate' sent shockwaves through the pro wrestling world when he handed him his first defeat at 'The Show of Shows in 2014.
Edge opens up on the offer

During a recent appearance on the Impaulsive podcast, Edge revealed that he was presented with the idea of ending the streak before his match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania 24.

"Yeah so we were gonna meet in the main event of WrestleMania 24 and I think the streak at that point was 15-0. It was kinda thrown by me, like, 'What do you think?' I was like, 'Absolutely not, why would we do that? That makes zero sense to me. I'm already a made man, I'm in the main event of WrestleMania, what's it gonna do for me?' Sure, it would do something, I guess but let's save that, let's save that for somebody who can really use that boost."

Roman Reigns defeated The Undertaker in a 'No Holds Barred Match' at WrestleMania 33. 'The Tribal Chief' became the second ever WWE Superstar to defeat The Undertaker at WrestleMania after Brock Lesnar.

'The Rated R Superstar' further added that he believes Roman Reigns should have been the guy to achieve the historic feat. He said:

"To me, as years start going by, I said, Reigns is that guy. It wasn't my call but when it was brought to my attention or at least thrown by me as an option, I just thought no because it was just as important as the World Championships at WrestleMania, so why take away one of our marquee attractions."

Edge is currently working as a part-timer, while The Undertaker is enjoying his life after retirement.