PDA

View Full Version : Zelina Vega: The Rock Helped Inspire My Nutrition on the Road

Kemo
04-28-2023, 08:23 AM
LWO member Zelina Vega has The Rock to thank for keeping her motivated when it comes to eating on the road.

Like all traveling wrestlers, Vega has to make sure she is eating right and putting the right foods into her body, which is no easy feat for anyone.

This task is especially difficult for Vega, who is vegan, a lifestyle she shares with the likes of Brie Bella, Maryse Mizanin, Butch, and others.

Unlike Vega, The Rock is certainly not vegan, as any of his enormous cheat meals shared on his Instagram will demonstrate.

Despite this, the 2021 Queen's Crown Tournament winner considers the Brahma Bull an inspiration when it comes to her nutrition when traveling.

Speaking to Muscle and Fitness, Vega spoke about finding time to eat in what is a consistently busy career.

"You are just so busy running around all the time,” shares Vega. “Like even with [media calls], I completely forgot to eat, but I learned this from Dwayne Johnson: He had a timer on his phone that showed ‘OK, it’s time to eat’ and he would stop what he was doing and he’d make sure he gets his meals in, and then he would continue doing what he was doing."

Vega added that she has her meals crafted by 'Get Fueled,' and appreciates knowing what is in every meal she eats on the road.

While Vega knows the importance of eating right, she has not forgone treating herself when it is appropriate.

In the interview, the LWO star spoke about how she indulges after grinding away on her special diet for a long time.

"I have a big sweet tooth… like big! I sneak a few in there, depending on when."

Vega said that gummy worms and Haribo are among her favorite cheat indulgences.

Zelina will challenge WWE SmackDown Women's Champion Rhea Ripley at WWE Backlash on May 6.