PDA

View Full Version : Alberto El Patron Regrets 'Crossing the Line' With Triple H Comments

Kemo
04-30-2023, 10:03 PM
Alberto El Patron regrets the very unsavory things he has said over the years about WWE's Triple H, and believes he 'crossed the line.'

El Patron, aka Alberto Del Rio, was part of WWE's main roster from 2010 to 2014 before his release and returned the following year. The four-time WWE World Champion would be released again in 2016 and has gone on to compete in AAA, IMPACT Wrestling, and CMLL among other promotions.

Following his release from WWE, El Patron made it clear that he had issues with Triple H, now WWE's Head of Creative and Head of Talent Relations. During a Periscope stream, El Patron referred to Triple H as a p*sssy and "the one with the big nose." Later in the video, El Patron (believed to be drunk,) threatened to travel to Titan Towers and attack "the big nose with the small d*ck."

El Patron also claimed at the time that Saraya (his ex-fiance) made him believe that Triple H was responsible for a sex tape of her leaking online.

In more recent years, El Patron has simmered down when it comes to WWE's resident Cerebral Assassin and regrets what he's said. Speaking to Sportskeeda, El Patron said he sees now he went too far.

"I've done it [apologize for his comments.] I've done it publicly. There are some people saying, 'Oh, you're doing it because you need a job.' No, I always had a job. Different kind of job, not in the wrestling business. I always had a job. I just did it because I learned I should have never crossed the line with Triple H.

There was a reason why he was not using me, but back then, I was stupid, and I thought he just didn't like me and not because, at the time, they wanted to push new stars, and Mexico was not the market it used to be."

A multi-time World Champion and the only person to win Money in the Bank and a Royal Rumble in the same year, there was a time when El Patron's future seemed assured. A series of controversies have significantly derailed his wrestling career, including a 2020 arrest over allegations of battery and sexual assault. The trial faced several delayed and the charges were dropped in December 2021.

Despite the trial being dropped, many feel that El Patron is too toxic for the wrestling world, which led to AAA receiving backlash from fans when it was announced that the former Superstar would be competing for them. Outside of wrestling, Patron provides commentary for UFC.