PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Gold Medalist Tamyra Mensah-Stock Signs with WWE

Kemo
05-03-2023, 07:57 PM
Olympic gold medalist Tamyra Mensah-Stock has signed a WWE contract, as first reported by Marc Raimondi of ESPN.

Mensah-Stock, 30, won the gold medal in freestyle wrestling (68 kilograms) at the 2021 Tokyo Games.

She began training at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando on Monday and hopes to be wrestling on the main roster within one year.

"I love watching the athletes just in the ring, just going what they do best," Mensah-Stock told ESPN. "I just see their personalities just shine through the television, and I see their strength. Just everything about them resembles me, and I've just wanted to be a part of that."

Mensah-Stock says she did consider pursuing a career in mixed martial arts. She had some reservations about having to cut weight to compete, and the health risks associated with fighting for an organization like the UFC.

"I don't like the idea of potentially getting submitted and an arm broken or aggressiveness like that," she said. "I really just don't want to make weight anymore, let's just be honest."

Mensah-Stock has attended several WWE events over the years, including SummerSlam 2021 and an NXT 2.0 taping last year.

tYYdV5IrrZI