PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Fish Talks Potential WWE Return, CM Punk & The Elite's Relationship

Kemo
05-11-2023, 07:25 AM
Former NXT and AEW star Bobby Fish says he'd be open to a WWE return and has an interesting perspective on the rocky relationship between CM Punk and The Elite.

During a recent discussion with Nick Hausman for Inside the Ropes, Fish said he believes he left WWE on good terms and would welcome the opportunity to plug back in' to the WWE machine. However, there are some drawbacks to working for the biggest wrestling organization on the planet. Namely, knowing who is in charge.

"They are and they will probably always be the big dog when it comes to pro wrestling," Fish said. "They have their pick of what they want, and what they want at times is very specific. So, if they see something that they want to create, or that they can use, they're gonna go after it and get it and for some reason, if that ends up being me that, you know, happy to have a conversation with people and see if something makes sense.

But they're -- WWE is a machine man, and you don't always know, and what you think you know, you probably don't know 100% who’s in charge."

It appears that CM Punk will be returning to AEW soon. This is a complicated situation, to say the least. Punk and The Elite had a nuclear fallout last summer backstage at the now-infamous All Out 2023 pay-per-view.

Fish has had his own issues with CM Punk (more on that below), but kept a pretty neutral stance when asked about his opinion on the Punk-Elite dynamic. Not everybody is going to get along, but it's important that people remain professional when working together.

"I have really no opinion on the man" Fish said of Punk. "I mean, it just is what it is. I don't like or need to like everyone that I work with. And vice versa, but like, I'll never not be professional, but that it's in the eye of the beholder, you know, as to what's considered professional and what's not.

People, human beings have a need to be tribal. So everybody's looking to be on a team. So that means, if I like you, I gotta hate him. And if I hate him, I gotta like you. So it's like, it's just human nature."