PDA

View Full Version : GUNTHER Is In No Rush to Feud with Roman Reigns

Kemo
05-22-2023, 01:36 AM
WWE Intercontinental Champion GUNTHER has proven to be a dominant champion, but he is in no hurry to face the Tribal Chief.

It was within months of his call-up to WWE's main roster that GUNTHER captured the Intercontinental Championship on the June 10, 2022, episode of SmackDown. Since dethroning Ricochet, the Austrian Superstar has retained against Ricochet, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Braun Strowman, and retained against Sheamus in a five-star classic at WWE Clash at the Castle. Earlier this year, GUNTHER broke the record for the longest tenure in a traditional 30-Superstar Royal Rumble match.

With as dominant as GUNTHER has been, many have predicted that the Austrian will cross paths with Roman Reigns one day. Both men have their own groups, with Reigns leading the Bloodline and GUNTHER the head of Imperium. Speaking with Mike Jones on DC101, GUNTHER was asked about feuding with Reigns and is in no hurry to face the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion.

“I think there’s no rush with that. I think he’s doing his thing right now and I’m very focused on doing my thing. I didn’t really have an urge to seek out that confrontation yet but, like you said, down the line it’s one of the matches fans are looking forward to.”

It may be a while yet before fans see GUNTHER face Reigns, with the two men being selected by different brands during the recent WWE Draft.

GUNTHER is in no hurry to face Reigns, but he does have an important week ahead of him. At WWE Night of Champions, the Intercontinental Champion will defend his title against Mustafa Ali, who earned a title match via winning a battle royal. Reigns will not be defending his title at the event (which will mark Day 1,000 of his time as Universal Champion.) Instead, he and Solo Sikoa will challenge Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens.