PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles Sees World Heavyweight Title as Workhorse WWE Championship

Kemo
05-22-2023, 06:17 PM
AJ Styles is just days away from stepping into the ring with Seth Rollins for the vacant WWE World Heavyweight Title at Saturday’s Night of Champions premium live event in Saudi Arabia.

The tournament finals match will see the new top champion on Raw be crowned. The title was introduced again due to Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns staying on SmackDown in the Draft and working a limited schedule.

While doing a recent interview, Styles thinks it’s up to either of them to elevate the World Heavyweight championship so fans don’t view it as a secondary title.
AJ Styles' Hot Take

“Is it a secondary?” Styles told The New York Post. “Well, if the Raw championship is held by Roman, the SmackDown championship is held by Roman, then how can you argue that it’s not? We had to make a new championship because Roman holds them all.

“What happens if he decides to wrestle for the World Heavyweight championship? It is what it is and we got what we got. If we make the best of it, and if and when Roman does challenge [for it], we beat the brakes off of him, whomever it might be, then we’ll see what title’s secondary.”

Reigns signed a deal with WWE in 2022 that saw him earn more money while also working a limited schedule, as he mostly works TV and PLEs while rarely wrestling at live events.

This new title will be defended at house shows, leading to Styles considering it to be the “workhorse” title.

“This guy’s gonna be on the pay-per-views, he’s gonna be on the live events, he’s gonna do all these things that need to be done,” Styles said. “When I was [WWE] champion I was on all the live events, I was on all the pay-per-views, all the TV’s. That’s what you do."

Styles added, “This is what you want to do, this is what you want to be,” Styles said. “This is what you’re trying to get to in your career. I’m not mad at him. I told him, ‘if I could do it I would, but I’m not Roman Reigns.’”