PDA

View Full Version : Alexa Bliss Will Begin Training for WWE Return Soon After Giving Birth

Kemo
06-01-2023, 07:08 AM
Alexa Bliss will soon become a mother, but that won't keep the former Raw and SmackDown Women's Champion from the ring for long.

It was earlier this week that Bliss and her husband Ryan Cabrera revealed that the couple are expecting their first child. The pair, who married in April 2022, had not been trying for a child. Bliss has not been seen on WWE programming since January's Royal Rumble Premium Live Event, where she unsuccessfully challenged then-Raw Women's Champion Bianca Belair.

Bliss of course won't be competing between now and when the baby is born, which is expected this December. In the couple's first sit-down interview since sharing the news, Bliss recalled to The Messenger finding out that she was with child.

"I was preparing for my return in the ring and I was just having really bad cramping. I thought that was weird. So then I just decided to take a test and then I think I said, 'Oh s—t.'"

Though the pregnancy was not planned, Bliss added that both she and Cabrera had always wanted to have kids.

At this time, Bliss is focused on becoming a mother and the life that is growing inside of her, but she has already been making plans for her return to WWE TV. In the interview, Bliss said she plans on not waiting for long before she begins training.

"WWE gave me time off for [Masked Singer] to kind of fully dive into that experience with rehearsals, vocal lessons, and all that stuff. Storyline-wise, I was not on TV anyway, so it really kind of worked out perfectly.

"[WWE] extended my contract, and so it's just basically come back when I'm ready. Probably a month after the baby, I'll start probably getting back into the gym, and getting ready for to see what my in-ring return looks like."

Alexa Bliss added that she has already been dealing with cravings, which have resulted in the couple sourcing ice-cream from her favourite shop in Ohio to their home in Florida.