PDA

View Full Version : Rhea Ripley Won’t Limit Herself To WWE’s Women’s Championships

Kemo
06-05-2023, 09:31 PM
Rhea Ripley welcomes any and all competition. While she may the reigning WWE SmackDown Women's Champion, Ripley has never shied away from inciting physical action with her male counterparts as well.

Sometimes referred to as "The Modern Day Chyna," Ripley's impressive strength and brooding demeanor has struck up an interesting conversation in the pro wrestling world. Since joining the Judgement Day last year, Ripley has confronted a number of male superstars, including Rey Mysterio, AJ Styles, and Edge. In October, Ripley made waves as she bodyslammed The O.C.'s Luke Gallows on an episode of RAW. A couple months later, she swiftly defeated Akira Tozawa in a singles match.

As the trend of intergender interactions continues to rise, Ripley recently stated that she'd like to see more intergender wrestling in WWE. Within that same scope, The Battleground Podcast asked Ripley if she had interest in competing for a traditionally male championship in WWE. Ripley, of course, is always up for a challenge.

“It would be awesome [to compete for a male championship]," she said. "It definitely would be awesome. I’m down for it. I 110% would be down for it. Obviously, we don’t know what the future holds, and I don’t know how well intergender wrestling is gonna go within the WWE in general, with the networks and all of that, but if it would ever be a possibility, my name is at the top of the line. It has to be."

“I’ve already shown that I can step in the ring with the boys. So, I’d be down to that. I’d love to be tag champs with Dom Dom, or [Damian] Priest, or Finn [Balor]. I would love to give Seth Rollins a bit of a lesson after Monday -- him putting his arm around me scaring the living hell out of me. I thought it was Dom, but whatever. So, he’s gonna get his, but I would love to.”

As Ripley alluded to, during a tag team match last Monday, Seth Rollins slide out of the ring to approach Rhea Ripley from behind. As Rollins put his arm around her shoulder, she believed the arm to be Dominik Mysterio's.

As she pivoted her head, though, Ripley realized it was, in fact, Seth Rollins. As such, she pushed Rollins away in disgust.