PDA

View Full Version : Gable Steveson: My Time Is Coming Sooner Than What Others Think

Kemo
06-12-2023, 09:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/NmPqoMy.jpg

Gable Steveson's time as a fully-fledged WWE Superstar is dawning sooner than you'd think, according to the Olympian.

Steveson made headlines in 2021 when he signed with WWE, mere weeks after capturing Gold in the Tokyo Summer Games. The first signing of the Next-In-Line program, Steveson has been training at WWE's Performance Center, and was drafted to Raw during the 2021 Draft. At WrestleMania 38, Steveson leveled Chad Gable (a fellow Olympian) with a suplex in his first offensive move on TV since signing with WWE.

In September, it was reported that WWE had been underwhelmed with the level of progress Steveson had been making at the Performance Center, but it is unclear if this is still the case. Speaking with Associated Press, Gable Steveson spoke about his WWE future and his immediate plans.

“I am still doing my thing. I have changed my diet, my body appearance. I wanted to be the best thing ever so when I did go on TV, it was going to be a sight that nobody has seen before. My time is coming and it’s coming sooner than a lot of people think.”

If Steveson's time is 'coming' it may have to wait for over a year due to the young Superstar's Olympic aspirations. Steveson has spoken about possibly competing in the Summer Games next year in Paris, France. If so, it will put his WWE career and training on pause. There is no confirmation at this time as to how WWE management feels about Steveson going for a second Olympic Gold medal.