PDA

View Full Version : Gunther Is Open To Any Challenge At WWE SummerSlam

Kemo
06-19-2023, 09:43 PM
"The Ring General" GUNTHER recently surpassed one year as the WWE Intercontinental Champion. With that milestone now in his rearview mirror, he pivots his attention toward the future, which includes WWE's hottest show of the summer -- SummerSlam on August 5 from Ford Field in Detroit.

Of course, there is a possibility for GUNTHER to drop the Intercontinental Championship before the August 5 event, but as of now, GUNTHER continues to be on a hot streak, recently defeating the likes of Kevin Owens, Sheamus, and Drew McIntyre.

During a recent interview with WrestlingNewsCo, GUNTHER was asked to name the opponent he'd like to battle at SummerSlam. He admitted that he didn't have any particular competitor in mind, but he is welcoming of any challenger who wants a shot at his title.

"To be honest, especially since [Imperium] just got drafted to RAW, I think there's a lot of fresh matchups that could be done. I think I'm in a position right now where there's a target on my back, and it's on everybody else to come after me. I don't have to identify people that I want to go after. That's not the position I'm in.

So yeah, let's see, I'm open to any challenge. I'm here to be in the ring with the best to face the best competition, to have the biggest possible challenge."

Later in the interview, GUNTHER was asked for his thoughts on a title vs title match between himself and World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins. With the World Heavyweight Championship having been recently revived, GUNTHER doesn't believe there'd be interest in merging it with the Intercontinental Championship right now, but down the line, "everything is possible."