PDA

View Full Version : Seth Rollins Not Leaving WWE For Hollywood: "I'm Just In The Prime Of My Career"

Kemo
06-21-2023, 08:37 PM
WWE fans were surprised when leaked footage on May 16 showed Seth Rollins on the set of Marvel's upcoming movie Captain America: Brave New World. According to IMDb, Rollins will appear as one of the villains in the film, which is slated to release on July 26, 2024.

The reveal that Rollins would be in the movie made fans question his involvement in WWE. At the time of the leak, the company was leading into its premium live event, Night of Champions, on May 27. He faced AJ Styles for the inaugural World Heavyweight Championship on the show. Based on his involvement with Marvel, some fans speculated that he could have lost his title match with Styles.

This was something that "The Phenomenal One" also pointed out heading into their match, as he questioned Rollins's commitment and availability due to his role in the film. However, Rollins defeated Styles to win the title and has been featured on Monday Night Raw ever since. He has also defended the title against Damian Priest on the June 5 episode of Monday Night Raw and is expected to defend against Bron Breakker on the June 20 episode of NXT.

Despite showing his commitment to wrestling, fans still wonder if Rollins may pursue more acting roles after participating in the upcoming Marvel movie.

The World Heavyweight Champion spoke with Daily Mail's Alex McCarthy about his role in Captain America: Brave New World. While not revealing what his character will be doing, he shared he's happy to be taking opportunities outside of wrestling.

The following quotes were transcribed by Daily Mail's McCarthy, Luke Powers, and Ash Rose.

"...It's cool to get opportunities to do something outside of your comfort zone. This is what I love, WWE, professional wrestling, it's all I've ever wanted to do and all I ever intend to do as a career for as long as I can, but anytime you get to a certain level in this industry, there's going to be opportunities that come your way, and I love taking chances at this point in my career," said Rollins.

He continued, "I mean, you can tell with the fashion sensibility I have become known for over the last few years that I love taking chances! So if you get the chance to do something incredible outside of WWE, you've got to take a look at it, try and make it work the best you can because you only get one life and one chance, and you never know when you might get an opportunity like that - so you got to make it happen."

It's worth noting that Rollins's wife, Becky Lynch, has also explored acting in recent years with appearances on NBC show Young Rock. At 37 years old, the World Heavyweight Champion, like many other past wrestlers, is taking acting roles. However, he also assured fans that his wrestling career was far from over.