PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hardy: "We're Going To Have A Run With The AEW Tag Titles" Before Jeff's Latest Arrest

Kemo
07-19-2023, 05:26 PM
AEW veteran Matt Hardy recently revealed that he and Jeff Hardy were supposed to have a AEW Tag Team title reign before it was scrapped due to Jeff's arrest.

It's always great to watch The Hardys inside the squared circle. They are certainly one of the greatest tag teams in the pro wrestling industry, currently being a part of AEW. Jeff Hardy made his AEW debut last year. He reunited with his brother Matt and had a decent run in AEW. They have had feuds with The Andrade Family Office, The Elite, and The Firm in the past.

However, their run and eventual plans for tag team title reign were stopped in its tracks as Jeff had been on the sidelines due to the DUI arrest. He was even suspended from AEW after the arrest. Fightful Select recently reported that Jeff Hardy would be off of TV as AEW continues to tour Canada. It is due to his arrests that Jeff Hardy is unable to enter Canada.

It has now come to light that a tag team title run was in the works for The Hardy brothers.

During a recent interview with Daily Mail, Matt Hardy stated that AEW tag team title reign was on the cards for them. However, Jeff's arrest caused the plans to go up in the air. He said:

"It was very tricky, because I feel like we were right on that point where I think the Hardys we're going to have a run with the AEW Tag Titles, and we had some stuff planned out for the next few months, and then, once Jeff's incident happened, then everything was up in the air, you know, and I was just kind of like in limbo.”

He went on to talk about his goal to have a big run with Jeff. He believes a proper run would help them cement their legacy as one of the top tag teams. He said:

"I mean, I think I think my first goal would be to get that proper Hardy Boys run, you know, and ultimately, win the AEW world tag team titles. I think that would help cement our legacy as being one of the top tag teams, and especially winning gold over the course of four different decades. That would be pretty bad ass as well, winning in the nineties, in the 2000s and then win some in the 2020s, so that would be pretty cool. That's number one on the agenda… I want to get that final correct AEW, tag team run of Matt and Jeff Hardy.“

During the same interview, Matt opened up about his departure from WWE. He disclosed that Vince McMahon was looking to move him to the role of a backstage producer. However, Matt was against the idea and felt that he has a lot of gas in the tank as an active competitor for years to come.

It has been noted that Jeff Hardy will make an appearance at a GCW event during Summerslam weekend. The Hardys' last match as a tag team took place when they lost against Austin & Colten Gunn on the June 21 episode of AEW Dynamite.

We will now have to wait and see when The Hardys reunite in AEW.