PDA

View Full Version : Post WWE Summerlam news & notes: Press conference, Shaynaa, McIntyre & lots more

LionDen
08-06-2023, 09:51 PM
https://i.imgur.com/dGBTXz5.png

WWE Post-SummerSlam Press Conference
Hear from WWE Chief Content Officer Paul “Triple H” Levesque and several prominent Superstars following The Biggest Party of the Summer at WWE #SummerSlam.

KezuDX6k2BI

SummerSlam Rundown: WWE's The Bump, August 6, 2023
Hear from new WWE Women's Champion IYO SKY and Damage CTRL after SKY's SummerSlam win as Kayla Braxton, Matt Camp, Ryan Pappolla and Megan Morant recap all of the exciting and historic moments that took place at SummerSlam on WWE's The Bump!

W4JwkoVF41M

Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso After Summerslam Goes Off The Air

n1s6Tsg31KM

- The announced attendance was 59,194 fans.

- Becky Lynch was not backstage at Summerslam, but is scheduled to be at Raw tomorrow.

- During the post-show press conference, Paul Levesque noted that nothing was pulled from Summerslam and that his goal is to always have more than is needed for major shows storyline-wise as they couid always be an injury away from being needed to pivot plans. This seemed to be in response to the online chatter that Lynch vs. Trish Stratus was pulled from the show, which has gotten a lot of attention in recent days.

- WWE NXT's Trick Williams and Lash Legend were backstage at the PPV.

- Dakota Kai was brought in very late in the day in order to be there for the IYO SKY title win and we are told she is not currently scheduled to be back as a regular performer on TV yet. The idea was for Damage CTRL to be able to celebrate that big moment together.

- Raquel Rodriguez was not there last night.

- The MMA match at WWE Summerslam last night, we are told by WWE sources that what we saw in the ring was pretty much the vision of what Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler wanted to do and WWE gave them that leeway. Obviously, it was not embraced by the live crowd.

- After his match with Ricochet, Logan Paul flew directly to Dallas for his brother Jake's boxing match against Nick Diaz, which he won via decision. Logan arrived in time and was still in his ring gear at the fight, sporting a shiner under one of his eyes.
https://i.imgur.com/txomcg9.jpg https://i.imgur.com/6G628XA.jpg

WWE tweeted:

Shayna Baszler tweeted:

Iyo Sky tweeted in Japanese:

Translated into English:

"I wanted to become "the best in the world," so I threw up the "number one Japan" position I had at the time and flew to the United States. I crossed the ocean thinking that I was stronger mentally and physically than anyone else, but the walls of the world were so high that I was instantly broken by such hubris. I tried to say (or rather, I said) "I can't do it anymore" many times, but each time I remembered the faces of everyone who supported me, and I managed to endure it. I clung to it desperately, built up little by little, and finally reached the number one in the world today in a foreign land. It was my dream to be the best in the world, but it was definitely thanks to everyone that I was able to make it come true. Thank you very much to everyone in Japan, everyone in America, and everyone in the world."

Asuka tweeted:

Kairi Sane tweeted:

Top moments from SummerSlam 2023
qYiDkcLKunY

Full SummerSlam 2023 Highlights
zBkaUNLy_j4