PDA

View Full Version : AEW's Toni Storm says she would renounce her British citizenship at All In

LionDen
08-14-2023, 01:37 AM
https://i.imgur.com/XZ3fScr.jpg

From The Daily Star

'I hate being British – I'll renounce my citizenship in front of 80,000 people'

Top wrestling star Toni Storm has vowed to denounce her British citizenship in front of more than 80,000 people at Wembley Stadium.

All Elite Wrestling heads to the UK for its first international show with All In, and will be hoping to have sold around 85,000 tickets by the time the show starts on August 27.

And while several British talents will be hoping to appear in front of a home crowd, one of those less excited about it is New Zealand-born British national Toni Storm.

Storm, 27, spent five years living in Liverpool with her scouse grandma, and did so in order to help boost her wrestling career.

And while it worked – as she is one of the top females in the industry and a former two-time AEW women's champion – she has absolutely zero love for the country.

Speaking exclusively to the Daily Star, she said: “I'm very excited because it's the biggest show in AEW history, but I'm just a little disappointed that it's in England.

“I just wish Wembley Stadium could be at a different place because I lived in England for a really long time.

“It's where I got established, so I made a name for myself and I have a British family.

“I'm just really bummed out that I have to go back – I thought I left my life behind there, but It's what champion does, however I'm no longer associated, I'm American now.”

Although Toni went on to confirm that she loves a good British curry, she really was being serious when she claims she hates Britain – as can be seen in the full interview on the Daily Star's YouTube channel.

Her hatred for the country has gone one step further, as she has officially gone on record to state that she will denounce her citizenship during the Wembley show.

“The only reason I'd be excited about seeing all those fans again is I get to rub it in their faces how successful I am,” she insisted.

“The only thing motivating is my excitement to really show off just how great I have become and denounce my British citizenship at Wembley Stadium – I can't think of a better place.”

There is one British human Toni has great affection for, however.

She was trained by British independent wrestling legend Dean Allmark.

And the mere mention of his name turned Toni from a bad a*se to a gushing lovely, less angry person.

Allmark has been a mainstay on the UK scene for many years, appearing at top companies such as Futureshock, Progress Wrestling, Rev Pro and Modern Nomad Pro Wrestling.

Toni said: “Dean Allmark is extremely underrated.

“It's criminal how underrated he is and how he just hasn't been given enough spotlight and I think the world should hear more about him because he must be good, he trained me!

“It was incredible getting to train with someone just so knowledgeable and so fantastic, so it'll be good to go back and make him proud, to going from just little crappy shows in England to all the way to Wembley Stadium."

When Toni spoke to the Daily Star, she was the reigning AEW Women's Champion, but she lost that title earlier this month to rival Hikaru Shida, dashing any hopes of her defending the title on home soil . . . even if she does hate the soil.

However, she could still have an impact as part of her trio team with ex-WWE star Ruby Soho and British megastar Saraya.

What role they will play is unknown, but Toni is confident that whoever they face, it won't be much of a challenge.

She said: “Whoever Tony Khan (AEW owner) can dig up and throw at us we'll just run through them like we do with everybody else., but so far there's just no one at our level to be honest.

“I feel sorry for whoever it is that I face because yeah I'm going to ruin their life, essentially in front of the biggest crowd we've ever had.”

You wouldn't want to bet against her . . .