PDA

View Full Version : Edge Comments On His Final Match With Sheamus

Kemo
08-21-2023, 11:13 AM
WWE Hall of Famer Edge loved every bit of his final match against veteran star Sheamus.

Last week's SmackDown saw The Rated-R Superstar celebrate his 25th Anniversary in WWE. The show emanated from his hometown Toronto and the WWE legend has stated that it could be the final time he performed in front of his hometown crowd.

Edge squared off against Sheamus for the first time as the WWE Hall of Famer wanted to have a match with the Irishman. After 20 minutes of hard-hitting battle, it was Edge who emerged victorious.

Following the match, Edge and Sheamus hugged it out to conclude the show. They would go backstage and Sheamus revealed that they shared a glass of Guinness beer.

Taking to his Instagram, Edge dropped some pictures from the match as well as drinking beer with Sheamus backstage. He showered praise on 'The Celtic Warrior.' Here is what he wrote:

“Full circle pints of Guinness. From Dublin to Toronto and 19 years in between. Back now after an amazing trip home to Toronto. What can I say? I’ll take that experience with me to the grave. Toronto you brought it. Speaking of bringing it, @wwesheamus is a beast.

“As strange as this sounds it was pure joy in there. Just two buds beating the hell out of each other. I knew he was great. But I didn’t know how great. That dude is so insanely talented, spectacular at what he does, and just a damn hard worker. He is the epitome of work ethic. Can’t teach that. Thanks fella. It was an honor.”

Check out the Instagram post below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwLdm5bPIPY

Edge is set to be a free agent on October 1 unless he signs a new deal with WWE. We will now have to wait and see what the future holds for the veteran superstar.