PDA

View Full Version : WarGames, Wardrobe, & Waffle House: Cody Rhodes Answers the Questions of the Fans

Kemo
08-22-2023, 07:32 PM
Cody Rhodes would love nothing more than to enjoy an order from Waffle House in Savannah, Georgia ahead of a WWE event, judging by a recent AMA.

Rhodes has been one of WWE's most prominently featured Superstars since his return to the company at WrestleMania 38. A torn pectoral suffered last year did little to limit Rhodes' popularity with the fans, nor did his defeat to Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 39. At WWE SummerSlam, Rhodes defeated Brock Lesnar in the final match of their feud and 'bonded by battle' with the Beast during and after the match.

Rhodes has enjoyed a close connection with the WWE Universe since returning, in stark contrast to the often-hostile response he received from AEW's most faithful. This week, Rhodes participated in a Reddit AMA and had plenty to share.

On his dream WarGames Team:

Classic: Sting, Shawn, Dusty, Rey, Cody

Modern: 4 Kevin Owens' and I

The most surprisingly humble people in the WWE locker room:

Sheamus/Sonya Deville

What does he think his legacy will be when he retires?

“(I would hope and be very lucky for this to be true but also I have had amazing partners and teammates throughout) The one in my generation who did the absolute most at moving our game into the stratosphere of mainstream entertainment! A lot of the "left turns" and big gambles I have taken were for that very purpose. The healthiest wrestling and sports entertainment have ever been is now. Let's keep going!”

His personal Waffle House order:

"4 egg whites scrambled, grilled chicken, hashbrowns extra crispy covered.

If not on diet: double Texas cheesesteak with no onions and a waffle"

His favorite city to perform in since returning to WWE:

"Since returning...Savannah maybe...tons of spots from my previous run I have yet to hit though."

Does he get all of his suits custom-made, or does he have a favorite store that sells them?

“Half and Half...most are customs from head to toe, but I am also a sucker for a Nordy run and then just having them tailored. Zegna, Boss, Canali, Eton... some of my most expensive suits don't outshine some of my cheapest. All in the fit and pattern.”

His favorite ‘Dashing’ Cody Rhodes pre-taped vignette:

“Spray tan...it never aired because I fogged the camera up...honorable mention: leg shaving."

His top non-wrestling influences on his wrestling style/persona/philosophy

"JFK, Batman, Elvis...also Prince"

Favorite video game outside of The Legend of Zelda franchise

"METAL GEAR SOLID - MY AGENT AND MANAGER SLACKING BIG TIME IN GETTING ME IN THAT DANG FILM HA"