PDA

View Full Version : Shane Helms Confirms Role With WWE, Dismisses Haters Of Popular WrestleMania 38 Match

Kemo
08-22-2023, 07:36 PM
Shane Helms, formerly known as The Hurricane in WWE lore, is now a backstage producer with the company. Helms confirmed the news in a new interview with Chris Van Vliet and revealed some memorable segments that he's been a part of.

"Now I'm a producer," Helms confirmed. "Agent is what we used to say in back in the day. We're kind of the go between creative and the talent ... We get with the talents and between us and the talent we go out and try to put out the segment that they've given us to the best we can."

In the interview Helms confirmed that he was involved in producing the zombie match WWE put on between The Miz and Damian Priest at WrestleMania Backlash in 2021. Helms said he gets placed on a lot of "crazy stuff," but that his favorite piece of work thus far was his work on the Sami Zayn vs. Johnny Knoxville match at WrestleMania 38.

Helms said that he basically ignored everyone while planning the WrestleMania 38 bout between Sami Zayn and Johnny Knoxville.

"I knew going in there's gonna be some people they're gonna hate this. So I just completely ignored those people from day one. I was like certain [that] there's a certain portion of the audience that's not gonna like this no matter what. So, to hell with them. I'm aiming for the audience that I thought would like it."

Zayn has steadfastly maintained that the match with Knoxville at WrestleMania 38 in Dallas was one of his all-time favorites.

"It's one of my favorite matches ever," Zayn said to WWE Deutschland. "I don't think a lot of people understand the little things you have to do to make sure it flows so well with someone who's never done this. So I take a lot of pride in that side of it."

Helms has been working backstage in WWE since 2022. Helms also has a Legends contract with WWE.

Bigfoot
08-23-2023, 03:06 PM
Man, the Zayn vs Knoxville match was epic. Speaks volumes of Zayn's skill set to pull something off like that.

LionDen
08-25-2023, 05:53 AM
Man, the Zayn vs Knoxville match was epic. Speaks volumes of Zayn's skill set to pull something off like that.

I think he is a good producer. Can't please everyone.