PDA

View Full Version : Ric Flair Reflects On Never Getting His "Big Match" With Hulk Hogan

Kemo
08-24-2023, 07:41 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair recently shared his thoughts on not having a big-ticket match against fellow WWE legend Hulk Hogan.

Hogan and Flair are certainly two of the iconic superstars in the world of pro wrestling. Their rivalry in the 80s has been well documented and remains to be one of the greatest feuds of all time. However, they didn't share a big stage for what could have been a memorable battle for the years to come.

Flair signed with WWE (then WWF) for the first time from August 1991 until January 1993. Notably, Hogan was announced as Flair’s original opponent during a WrestleMania VIII press conference and advertised on television.

However, the card was altered as Flair faced "Macho Man” Randy Savage and Hogan squared off against Sid Justice at the event. According to the fans, WWE failed to pull the trigger to book Flair vs. Hogan and it remains to be a controversial decision.

Flair and Hogan faced off in singles action at live events for plenty of times. Their last televised match took place on the May 13, 2002, episode of Raw when Hogan defended his WWE Undisputed World Championship against Flair in a No Disqualification match.

AKJ2dqvu_UI

Speaking on Everyone Talks to Liz Claman podcast, Ric Flair revealed when he first started wrestling Hulk Hogan. He laments over not having the big match with 'The Hulkster.' He said:

"We started wrestling each other in 1992. But we never got to have that big match. I don't know what..I've heard a thousand different explanations. It doesn't really matter. Because I got to wrestle him. I think anybody that got to wrestle Hulk Hogan was lucky. Anybody that got to wrestle Steve Austin, The Rock....I mean, I'm the one guy that can say I've wrestled everybody. Even wrestled Andre [The Giant] in a singles match, if you can believe that, how ridiculous is that?"

'The Nature Boy' further explained what made their feud great. He said:

"He was selling vitamins and what else and I was selling rock and roll, booze, women and sex. Everything evil. He was selling vitamins and milk there you go."

The two legendary superstars have had their fair share of health scares over the years due to the wear and tear their bodies have gone through. It is unlikely that they will share the ring ever again.

Bigfoot
08-24-2023, 10:31 PM
Hogan vs Flair was the original plan for the main event of Wrestlemania 8. I think Hogan leaving for movies was the reason it got canned.

I know they had a few big matches in WCW, but nothing to the magnitude that a Mania or Summerslam gate would have done
Their Bash at the Beach match didn't even seem that big.

LionDen
08-25-2023, 05:46 AM
Hogan vs Flair was the original plan for the main event of Wrestlemania 8. I think Hogan leaving for movies was the reason it got canned.

Yeah, going into movies was a great move for Hogan. lol :shifty: