PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk Makes First Public Comments Since All In

Kemo
08-31-2023, 08:10 PM
CM Punk spoke for 45 minutes at the CAC Banquet on Wednesday and not once did he mention his backstage scuffle with Jack Perry at the AEW All In PPV event inside Wembley Stadium in front of a record crowd of over 81,000 fans.

Slam Wrestling is reporting that Punk gave an unscripted speech while accepting the award and credited key wrestling legends for giving him the confidence to succeed.

“When people tell me that they don’t like me or that the internet is mad at me, I just chuckle because Roddy Piper liked me," Punk said. "Dusty Rhodes liked me and Harley Race liked me. And that means more than anything else in the world because these legends put their stamp on me before anyone else did. It gave me the confidence and it gave me the ability to succeed.”

Punk has been the topic of discussion this week after reports of a backstage altercation with Jack Perry at All In broke during the PPV on Sunday afternoon. Perry irked Punk by referencing a point of contention the two of them had over a spot with real glass in a wrestling match. During Perry's match with Hook at All In Zero Hour, Perry glared into the camera and said he was "using real glass and cry me a river." Punk and Perry then got into a physical altercation when the match was over.

Both Punk and Perry have both been suspended from AEW and neither seem to be slated to appear at the upcoming All Out PPV event in Chicago on Sunday night.

Many matches were added to the All Out card this week on AEW Dynamite including Orange Cassidy vs. Jon Moxley for the International Championship, an eight man tag team match with The Young Bucks & FTR teaming up to take on Bullet Club Gold, and more.

AEW All Out airs live on PPV this Sunday from the United Center in Chicago.

LG
08-31-2023, 08:46 PM
I had few friends that attended the CAC. Some I know personally. They said that Punk was a gentlemen at that place, and took pictures with fans for a while.

I wonder what really happened at All In, because I'm not too sure if there was anything between Punk and Perry.

LionDen
09-01-2023, 09:40 AM
I had few friends that attended the CAC. Some I know personally. They said that Punk was a gentlemen at that place, and took pictures with fans for a while.

I wonder what really happened at All In, because I'm not too sure if there was anything between Punk and Perry.

It all about smart ass comments. Stupid IMO

https://i.imgur.com/IEbhsI6.jpg