PDA

View Full Version : Seth Rollins #1 on PWI 500 - Roman Reigns Second & Jon Moxley #3

Kemo
09-14-2023, 09:30 PM
WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth 'Freakin' Rollins has added another accolade to his collection by being ranked #1 on this year's PWI 500.

The annual list, compiled by Pro Wrestling Illustrated, celebrates the achievements of wrestlers across many promotions as well as those not affiliated with just one company. In 2008, PWI introduced its rankings of female wrestlers, while a third ranking, this time for tag teams, was introduced in 2020.

PWI 500 - 2023

While the full listing is yet to be revealed, this week saw the ten top names in the 2023 PWI 500 be confirmed on Busted Open Radio:

1. World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins - WWE

2. Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns - WWE

3. AEW International Champion Jon Moxley - AEW

4. WWE Intercontinental Champion Gunther - WWE

5. AAA Mega Champion El Hijo Del Vikingo - AAA

6. AEW World Champion MJF - AEW

7. NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Champion Kazuchika Okada - NJPW

8. Orange Cassidy - AEW

9. Josh Alexander - IMPACT Wrestling

10. Cody Rhodes - WWE

The Architect has certainly had an impressive 12 months, including his highly personal feud with Matt Riddle. After a 47-day reign as WWE United States Champion, Rollins would enter a feud with Logan Paul, who'd eliminate Rollins in the 2023 Men's Royal Rumble. Paul would also cost Rollins inside the Elimination Chamber the following month.

After getting his revenge on Paul (and KSI) at WrestleMania, Rollins would make history in May, becoming the first WWE World Heavyweight Champion of this latest iteration of the title. Rollins has since retained against the likes of Finn Balor and Shinsuke Nakamura at Premium Live Events.

Smartmark
09-17-2023, 03:00 AM
Surprised to see a guy from AAA on the top 5, that's cool. But I don't agree with Seth as number 1.

Kemo
09-17-2023, 09:25 PM
Surprised to see a guy from AAA on the top 5, that's cool. But I don't agree with Seth as number 1.

Yeah, I don't like seeing Rollins at #1. And I don't agree with Moxley being on the list at all. That guy is the absolute shits. Vikingo and the rest of the AEW guys (besides MJF who probably should be #1) aren't worthy of those spots.