PDA

View Full Version : Yulisa Leon Requested Recent Release from WWE

Kemo
09-26-2023, 12:48 AM
Yulisa Leon's time with WWE has come to an end, but this is a departure that Leon had wanted to happen.

Leon was one of several Superstars laid off from both the main roster and WWE NXT, which had been expected to happen following the launch of TKO Group Holdings. These releases came mere days after over 100 employees were laid off from WWE's offices, as part of streamlining the promotion following its merger with UFC.

Taking to Twitter, Yulisa Leon revealed that she requested her release from WWE, citing it as "for personal reasons." Nevertheless, Leon remained grateful for the great experiences and incredible friendships she's made.

"To my dear fans and general public.

No price is too high to fight for what you are and what you want: To be the woman of your dreams.

I thank the WWE & NXT Universe for honoring me with the opportunity to be the first Mexican woman under contract (as a wrestler).

I learned what I never imagined, I enjoyed like never before & I will stay with the great experiences and incredible friendships but for personal reasons, I took the decision to ask to be released from my contract.

I will let you know the reasons at a later time & I am deeply grateful for the facilities and for leaving the doors open for me.

I am still focused on my next projects, expect to hear from me very soon."

Leon debuted in AEW in 2021 and would make her in-ring debut that October on an episode of WWE 205 Live. In September, Leon suffered a knee injury that would cause her to miss months of action before her return in May of this year.