PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Michaels Says 'Of Course!' He’d Welcome CM Punk In NXT

Kemo
09-29-2023, 07:37 PM
NXT head Shawn Michaels recently stated that he would welcome CM Punk to NXT if the latter ever decides to make his return to WWE.

Ever since CM Punk was fired from AEW, there has been speculation that he might jump ship to WWE. Punk was fired after reports stated that Jack Perry and Punk had a backstage altercation in AEW. The two men had a heated exchange of words and a physical altercation. Tony Khan feared for his life inside Wembley Stadium and following an investigation Punk was terminated from his contract.

CM Punk never addressed his departure from AEW. He made his return to CFFC 125 from Cage Fury Fighting Championships and provided commentary. Fans believe that there is a huge possibility Punk will return to WWE.

Meanwhile, NXT No Mercy takes place on Saturday, September 30 from the Mechanics Bank Arena in Bakersfield, California. During the pre-show Media Call, Shawn Michaels was asked about CM Punk's possible comeback to the company. Michaels said he would welcome Punk if the latter ever decides to return to WWE.

HBK recalled Punk showing him an autograph he gave him when he was younger. The Hall of Famer recognizes that Punk has the star power to back him up. He said:

“He’s a guy that does numbers and makes money. I think that would be a risk, reward ratio that I’m sure, from a company standpoint, they’d have to consider. But when it comes to, would we take him in NXT and have him on our television? Are you kidding me? Of course, I would. I just don’t think anybody would let me. — Who doesn’t take that kind of star power?”

Michaels feels he relates to Punk in some ways and has always liked him. While HBK has no issue with Punk joining NXT, the legend believes Punk would prefer to go to the main roster if he ever came back to WWE.