PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Danielson On Being Put In Charge of AEW If Tony Khan Is Incapacitated

Kemo
10-02-2023, 08:23 PM
Bryan Danielson isn't sure he could fully replace Tony Khan as head of AEW if something were to happen to the billionaire but is honored by Khan's faith in him.

Danielson joined AEW in 2021, mere months after his exit from WWE. Since then, the American Dragon has been one of AEW's most high-profile names though multiple injuries have cost the former WWE World Heavyweight Champion a significant amount of time in the ring.

Behind the scenes, Danielson has also been working as part of the creative team for AEW Collision, a show he regularly appears on.

Last month, AEW President Tony Khan said that should something terrible happen to him, he has informed his father Shahid Khan to put Danielson in charge of AEW's future.

"If I got hit by a bus, or if I was ever incapacitated for some reason, the person I told my father that he should turn to is Bryan Danielson."

Speaking to PW Insider this week, Danielson was asked about Khan's comment and said he found it funny but was also taken aback.

"I was a little bit blown away because I was like, "Oh, I'm just kind of hanging out." I mean, I love doing my thing and I help people and all that kind of stuff. And Tony and I would have good conversations or whatever, but I wasn't really that helpful."

Danielson added that nobody quite gets AEW like Tony Khan but felt honored by his boss' comment.

"Heaven forbid, something does happen to Tony, there's nobody else who even understands a fraction of how AEW works the way that Tony does, right?

"It was really interesting and a little bit jarring for me when he said it but also that makes you feel respected, that makes you feel good about yourself when your boss thinks that about you."

Danielson will face New Japan's IWGP United Kingdom Heavyweight Champion Zack Sabre Jr. at this Sunday's AEW WrestleDream event.